Firefox 1.0.4 Installation

Andrew Neil Ramage nrsc16850 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 13 16:38:18 CDT 2005

When I tried to install Firefox 1.0.4 for Windows, I got the following
output in the shell window I started wine from.

andrew at zeus:~/Download/Software> wine Firefox\ Setup\ 1.0.4.exe
fixme:win:SetWindowTextW cannot set text L"Extracting" of other process
window 0x7002e
err:static:STATIC_SetIcon huh? hicon!=0, but info=0???
err:static:STATIC_SetIcon huh? hicon!=0, but info=0???
err:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken Unhandled Token Information class!
fixme:shell:Stream_WriteLocationInfo writing empty location info
fixme:shell:Stream_WriteLocationInfo writing empty location info
fixme:shell:Stream_WriteLocationInfo writing empty location info
fixme:shell:Stream_WriteLocationInfo writing empty location info
fixme:shell:Stream_WriteLocationInfo writing empty location info
fixme:exec:ShellExecuteExW32 flags ignored: 0x00000340
andrew at zeus:~/Download/Software> err:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken
Unhandled Token Information class!
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID
{4955dd33-b159-11d0-8fcf-00aa006bcc59}, hres is 0x80040154

andrew at zeus:~/Download/Software>

Firefox appeared to install correctly, but it won't start.  Trying to
install under winedbg with WINDEBUG=+trace winedbg to terminate the
application after I typed "next":

andrew at zeus:~/Download/Software> winedbg Firefox\ Setup\ 1.0.4.exe
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x405ef3e0,1) - no error checking
or testing yet
WineDbg starting on pid 0x15
In 32 bit mode.
Wine-dbg>next
Process of pid=0x00000015 has terminated
Wine-dbg>

Does anyone know what is going wrong ?

--

Andrew

You can be the captain
I will draw the chart
Sailing into destiny
Closer to the heart

Closer to the Heart by Rush (A Farewell to Kings, 1977)