edit: no not use LOCAL_*() functions

Dimitrie Paun dimi at lattica.com
Mon May 16 13:57:05 CDT 2005

From: "Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at winehq.org>
> It seems dangerous to set DS for the whole window procedure, it will
> be calling a lot of other functions that may end up depending on
> DS. It's especially dangerous here since the window instance won't be
> a valid DS for 32-bit windows. I think you really want to set it only
> around the Local* calls and restore it as soon as possible.

True, but it is so clean and simple :)
Also, I thought DS would only be relevant for 16-bit code,
and moreover this will be (in the near future) the only
remnant of local handles we will have.

But yeah, we do have notifications to worry about, I guess
we have to push the set/restore closer to where it's needed.

--
Dimi.