MSN Webcam

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Wed May 18 06:54:25 CDT 2005

MediaHost (TM) wrote:

> Looks interesting! Any idea, when your patches get committed into the
> "official" releases?
>
>> Maarten Lankhorst wrote:

>>> http://wiki.winehq.org/MSN_Messenger_webcam_support
>>>
>>> You need the native quartz dll, which get installed with internet
>>> explorer, as the builtin quartz doesn't work properly when changing
>>> media format on initialisation.
>>
>> Possibly a problem with the code I wrote. Can you provide more
>> details on this?
>>
>>> IFilterGraph Reconnect isn't implemented, and for some reason *looks
>>> strangely at Robert* instead of a FIXME() there's a TRACE telling it
>>> is a stub...
>>
>> I didn't write any of the IFilterGraph implementation, but you are
>> right that it is crazy.
>>
>> Rob

Writing some final bugfixes at the moment, so I think a matter of days
before it'll be done in a state that julliard might commit..

There were 2 small reasons why builtin quartz wasn't working
1. if format changed, it would need to reconnect with new size (Quartz,
submitted a patch)
2. if format wasn't changed, I used my own optimized code, that wrote
960 bytes to a wrong place, so it crashed. (Totally my fault)
btw, nice name and signature...