Corrected the determination of capturing inside EDIT_WM_MouseMove function.

taro-x at justsystem.co.jp taro-x at justsystem.co.jp
Thu May 19 05:51:04 CDT 2005

2005-05-19  Kouji Sasaki  <taro-x at justsystem.co.jp>

> > Corrected the determination of capturing inside EDIT_WM_MouseMove
> function.
>
> > - if (GetCapture() != es->hwndSelf)
> > + if (GetCapture() != es->hwndSelf || !es->bCaptureState)
>
> Can we have
>   GetCapture() == es->hwndSelf && !es->bCaptureState
>
> If so, isn't this an invalid state? How do we get there?
>
> --
> Dimi.

If the mouse has been captured by external processes, the windows edit controls
will not select the strings with mouse move.

Capturing in dialog's message handlers during EN_SETFOCUS event, for example,
will allow capturing when the edit control gains focus, but moving mouse above
the control will not cause the string to be selected.

With only GetCapture() != es->hwndSelf statemet, the string selection will occur
even if the capturing is done by external processes.

Hence, I believe that the edit control itself must check whether the capturing has been set or not.

--
Justsystem Corporation <taro-x at justsystem.co.jp>