Translate the WineFAQ to French

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Fri May 20 06:39:01 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 11:16 +0200, Francois Gouget wrote:
> Dimitrie Paun wrote:
> >   C. We can do so by patching po4a-translate to
> >      do the replacement itself, from within perl.
> >      This should also get rid of the .posgml
>
> I have started looking into this. The right fix is for po4a Sgml module
> to support translating attributes.

Cool. If you figure it out, I think you should also try to get it
integrated upstream.

> >   B. They need to be in the same format as the
> >      other rules in Make.rules.in (eg .sgml.txt)
>
> They can't because the generated file depends on two source files and
> not just one. At least for this rule (but maybe you were thinking about
> another one):
>
> %.posgml: $(SGMLDIR)/%.sgml %.po
>
> Why is this not good?

Fine, I don't care much.

> >   A. I think we need to check in the generated
> >      .sgml too to make it simple to use, so
> >      others don't have to go through the pain.
>
> This itself is going to be annoying.

Too many dependencies. Unless we can remove them...

> It looks like perl is being run in a French locale. Is this your doing
> or po4a's?

pa4a's:
[dimi at dimi ~]$ echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8

> > Can't locate Locale/gettext.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ../po4a/lib
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5
>
> po4a depends on the gettext perl module. It's a standard Perl module so
> there should be an RPM for it.

Can we easily patch it to get rid of it? We don't need localized
messages, maybe we can provide a dummy gettext.pm?

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.