Translate the WineFAQ to French (gettext)

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sat May 21 08:24:52 CDT 2005

Am Freitag, den 20.05.2005, 07:39 -0400 schrieb Dimi Paun:

> Can we easily patch it to get rid of it? We don't need localized
> messages, maybe we can provide a dummy gettext.pm?

For the winetools shell-script, i use this function, ...

-----------

wt_find_gettext()
{

    which "gettext.sh" > /dev/null 2>/dev/null
    if [ "$?" -eq "0"  ]
    then
        WT_TRACE "gettext found in path"
        . gettext.sh
    else
        for data in "/bin"  "/usr/bin" "/usr/local/bin"
        do
            if [ -r "$data/gettext.sh" ]
            then
                WT_TRACE "gettext found in $data"
                . "$data/gettext.sh"
            fi
        done
    fi

    type "eval_gettext"  &>/dev/null
    if [ "$?" -ne "0" ]
    then

        WT_TRACE "gettext.sh not found on your system. Translations
disabled"

        # internal "eval_gettext" - replacement:
        #
        eval_gettext()
        {
            echo -n "$1"