dwarf2 support progress step 4

Raphael fenix at club-internet.fr
Sat May 21 10:55:52 CDT 2005

On Saturday 21 May 2005 11:39, Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> >From what I know, this will allow to build Wine without the -gstabs+
>
> compilation flag. Ie Wine will understand the new (standard) DWARF2
> debugging symbols.

Yes, you are right :)

dwarf2 debug format is the standard format since gcc3 (and dwarf3 format who
is an dwarf2 extension is already specified so gcc4/5 may use it).

Stabs format (use when -gstabs+ option is used) are only supported (without
any evolution) for backward compatibility with olders debuggers.

If you want to get maximum debug infos of recent gccs ou must use dwarf2 (and
prepare future when stabs format will don't be more supported)

Regards,
Raphael