Translate the WineFAQ to French (gettext)

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon May 23 06:18:21 CDT 2005

Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 20.05.2005, 07:39 -0400 schrieb Dimi Paun:
>
>>Can we easily patch it to get rid of it? We don't need localized
>>messages, maybe we can provide a dummy gettext.pm?
>
> For the winetools shell-script, i use this function, ...

po4a is all perl so this does not work.
What we would need is to either edit out every reference to
Locale::gettext and dgettext, or somehow provide a fake Locale::gettext
module. However it seems kind of ironical to me to disable localization
in a tool meant to produce a localized version of the documentation: the
first action means we don't care about localization and people who whant
stuff in their language, while the second says we do. So I'd prefer to
add a configure test to tell users which perl modules they are missing.

--
Francois Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com