Blame ExpandEnvironmentStringsA for the failing NT4 test in shlwapi:shreg

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon May 23 11:36:19 CDT 2005

Richard Cohen <richard at> writes:

> This is failing because ExpandEnvironmentStringsA is returning twice
> the number of characters it should.
> I would like to mark this test (and some others) as todo(nt40), but
> the testing framework isn't flexible enough to let me do that (the
> only real options seem to be "wine" and "windows").
> Would a patch to extend the framework to allow a bit mask, something
> like todo(win9x|winxp), be acceptable?

A todo is supposed to mark something that will need to be addressed
later on. Obviously we can't fix the Windows code, so that's not a
todo, it's just a behavior of the API that should either be handled by
the test, or simply not tested at all if the results are not reliable.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at