XEmbed embeder support in Wine

Jacek Caban jack at itma.pwr.wroc.pl
Tue May 24 03:42:15 CDT 2005

Mike Hearn wrote:

>On Mon, 23 May 2005 21:31:26 +0200, Jacek Caban wrote:
>

>>3. Window is displayed and Wine communicates with X11 window
>>    using XEmbed protocol
>>

>How does this work if the app wants to embed an X window as a child win32
>window? We no longer map child win32 windows to child X windows since the
>WM rewrite so there's nothing to embed into.
>
>thanks -mike

The X window is created as a child window of frame's X window (excluding
desktop
mode the frame has associated X window), but win32 window can be a child
window
of any window in this frame. In desktop mode it has to be child window
of desktop's
X window, but it doesn't work yet. The application can get a window that
has to be
the parent of embedded window from "__wine_x11_embedder_window"
property of _XEMBED window (in application I sent as example I forgot to
remove
getting window from "__wine_x11_whole_window").

Jacek