Translate the WineFAQ to French (gettext)

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Tue May 24 23:01:01 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 02:15 +0200, Francois Gouget wrote:
> So there's really no point to focus on Locale::gettext.pm.

You are right, all these dependencies are crazy.

First, perl modules are evil. They are outside the packaging
system, and I had only pain and suffering from them.

Second, if there are no neat Fedora Code 3 .rpm package available,
it doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.

Third, the SGML tools are already a big pain. Multiplying it
10 fold is not a step forward. We need to find a way to deal
with this, and I'd much rather have a self-contained po4a.

This is a tough one. Is there any way we can get the number
of dependencies to a sane level? (And that level being that
it consists of a few packages that are readily available
for most distros)

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.