Write problem with MS Office 2003

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu May 26 06:18:37 CDT 2005

Hi,
> I meant that you should remove the dwAttributes member from
> IGenericFSFolder and call SHELL32_GetItemAttributes in shfldr_fs's
> GetAttributesOf method passing the rfgInOut parameter. You don't have to
> modify the Initialize[Ex] methods.
>
> That said, this is the preferable option in my opinion. At the end of the
> day, it's up to you (or in effect Alexandre).
Done so, see the attached patch. No crash, Word is happy. If the folder I want
to write to _is_ write protected, the new code also doesn't return the write
protection flag, but it looks like Win2k does the same for write protected
folders on VFAT file systems(haven't tested ntfs)

Any further suggestions? If not, I'll modify the other shflrds and send a
patch to wine-patches ;-)

Greetings,
Stefan