Write problem with MS Office 2003

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu May 26 06:10:58 CDT 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 14:40, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> I created the diffs from the wine root, and I apply the patches in the
> sources root directory. If I specify the filedlls/shell32/shfldr_desktop.c,
> the patch applies fine.

You should create as well as apply the patches in the top level wine
directory. When you apply a patch use "patch -p0 < foobar.diff". I don't see
the reason to do this, but if you would like to apply the patch in
dlls/shell32, you have to call "patch -p2 < foobar.diff". This will remove
the first two sub-directories from every file name in the diff.

> The new patch is attached for reference.
Applies fine for me in the top level wine directory with "patch -p0 <
shell32.diff"

Bye,
--
Michael Jung