IShellFolder::GetDisplayNameOf vs. SHGetPathFromIDList

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu May 26 07:15:50 CDT 2005

Hi Alexandre,

could you please give me a hint on this one:

http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2005/05/0567.html

My guess is that you want me to write a test, showing that windows' comdlg32
does it this way. The problem is, I don't know how. We would have to
temporarily register a shell namespace extension on Windows, then call one of
the file dialogs and show that the GetDisplayNameOf method is called with the
SHGDN_FORPARSING flag set, when the user selects a path from the extension.
This would be a pretty complex test, which includes user interaction and thus
doesn't fit into wine's test framework (or am I wrong?). Could you (or
anybody on wine-devel) give me a hint?

Thanks,
--
Michael Jung