dlls/oleaut32/olepicture.c won't compile

Joris Huizer jorishuizer at planet.nl
Fri May 27 09:53:12 CDT 2005

Rein Klazes wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2005 13:11:47 +0200, you wrote:
>

>>Thanks, that solved the problem;
>>Would it be possible to make configure warn about the gif library (and
>>disable using it) when it's the wrong library version? Just an idea (no
>>I don't have any experience with hacking configure scripts)
>

> You need to modify configure.ac and then run autoconf to create a new
> configure script. I have done it a few times, and had to re-learn how it
> works each time. As usual, looking for similar features as the one you
> want to add and then take that as an example is a good idea.
>
> Rein.

Hmm, this seems weird, I looked into the config.log after running
configure, but the tests for libgif already do fail when using the wrong
library version (DGifOpen (); is missing; it reads:

configure:15519: checking for -lungif soname
configure:15549: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lungif   >&5
/tmp/ccie7Kbp.o(.text+0xa): In function `main':
/home/jorishuizer/.wine-source/wine/conftest.c:176: undefined reference
to `DGifOpen'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:15555: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
configure:15584: result: libungif.so
configure:15593: checking for -lgif soname
configure:15623: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lgif   >&5
/tmp/ccQ16DCc.o(.text+0xa): In function `main':
/home/jorishuizer/.wine-source/wine/conftest.c:177: undefined reference
to `DGifOpen'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:15629: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
configure:15658: result: libgif.so

in fact this shows configure ignores the link error and assignes
libungif.so as correct libraby :-/

the configure.ac script already does

   WINE_GET_SONAME(ungif,DGifOpen)
   WINE_GET_SONAME(gif,DGifOpen)

which means checking for this failing function DGifOpen() if I
understand this correctly