PokerStars Client

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Fri May 27 11:32:48 CDT 2005

I'm replying to you both at the same time.

Fernando Chmilelewsky wrote:
> I'm submitting a regression in with wine-20050524, the program used to
> work with the serial port, now just hangs when entering the
> applications that use it (the programmer, in circuit debugger, etc)
> In the remaining issues, the program runs real faster and better, it
> compiles 4 to 5 times as fast as in 20041019, and the simulation is
> almost as fast as it has to be
> Regards, Fernando

It is helpful if you can which exact version of Wine broke your
application.   Better still, try to isolate the problem down to a
specific patch.  This can be done with minimal programming knowledge. See:

http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-devel/x1316

As it is, a report that a single application does not work isn't much
use, however it is very useful to be able to say "this patch caused a
regression in an application".

Mike