winetests running on win98, qemu

Joris Huizer jorishuizer at planet.nl
Fri May 27 15:18:21 CDT 2005

Hello,

I installed windows 98 inside qemu (couldn't get windows xp working)
It seems there are a lot of problems, ending with a crash somewhere in
msacm (the last line in the created temporary file says acmDriverDetails
failed)

should I do something? install ie6 & windows updates ? something else?
how can I make winetest continue where it crashed?

is it ok to run tests with qemu? I should think no functional
differences should exist with "real windows" but... I'd really prefer
not to have to reboot, or use the other computer, to run tests under windows

thanks,

regards,
Joris