winetests running on win98, qemu

Joris Huizer jorishuizer at
Fri May 27 15:18:21 CDT 2005

I installed windows 98 inside qemu (couldn't get windows xp working)
It seems there are a lot of problems, ending with a crash somewhere in
msacm (the last line in the created temporary file says acmDriverDetails

should I do something? install ie6 & windows updates ? something else?
how can I make winetest continue where it crashed?

is it ok to run tests with qemu? I should think no functional
differences should exist with "real windows" but... I'd really prefer
not to have to reboot, or use the other computer, to run tests under windows