dlls/oleaut32/olepicture.c won't compile

Joris Huizer jorishuizer at planet.nl
Sun May 29 16:12:15 CDT 2005

Marcus Meissner wrote:
>>Hmm, this seems weird, I looked into the config.log after running
>>configure, but the tests for libgif already do fail when using the wrong
>>library version (DGifOpen (); is missing; it reads:
>>
>>configure:15519: checking for -lungif soname
>>configure:15549: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lungif   >&5
>>/tmp/ccie7Kbp.o(.text+0xa): In function `main':
>>/home/jorishuizer/.wine-source/wine/conftest.c:176: undefined reference
>>to `DGifOpen'
>>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>configure:15555: $? = 1
>>configure: failed program was:
>>configure:15584: result: libungif.so
>

> This is a result of the dynamically loaded libungif.so / libgif.so, it expects
> that it has this symbol.
>
> So exactly what distro has this problem, all modern ones should not have it.
>
> Ciao, Marcus

This is debian, with the giflib3g-dev package; with the libungif4-dev
package the problem is gone, but I was trying what was wrong with
configure in that it didn't detect this (I proposed configure could
ensure gif library would only be enabled when the correct library was
installed); I have no idea why configure ignores this error?

HTH,

Joris