tab: Shift selected tab text up instead of down

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Mon May 30 02:20:31 CDT 2005

On 5/29/05, Vitaliy Margolen <wine-patch at kievinfo.com> wrote:
> Sunday, May 29, 2005, 2:17:12, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Changelog
> > * Shift selected tab text up instead of down.
> >-         drawRect->>bottom += 3;
> >+         drawRect->>bottom -= 3;
>
> This does not shift tab up.

The location of the tab stays the same.  The text is shifted up.

> This will shrink tab text area instead of growing it

Using gimp I've measured the size of the 's' of a selected tab and the
's' of a non-selected tab with my change and with native comctl32, and
the height of the s' is always 6 pixels in all four cases.

> Also you missed note above about keeping TAB_DrawItem in sync with this part.

I couldn't find the code in question in TAB_DrawItem.

> All these numbers had been verified against native, including custom drawn tabs

I don't refute the validity of the numbers, I'm sure they're right.
The problem is that the text of selected tabs in wine cvs are drawn
below the text of unselected tabs, which is not correct.  I've
attached three screenshots of winecfg's first few tabs.  They are of
wine cvs, wine with my patch applied, and the last is with native
comctl32.

--
James Hawkins