UT2003 Regression - Patch at last :-))

Josef Drexler nospam0605 at joesbox.cjb.net
Sun May 29 18:40:40 CDT 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005 22:06:30 +0200, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> writes:
>
>> "Ann and Jason Edmeades" <us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk> writes:
>>
>> > What about instead of the send_ncpaind/send_erase when child==prev (assuming
>> > this to be the more 'unusual' case and not the norm) I build a list of the
>> > hwnds and validate their update region. When the loop completes, for each
>> > hwnd left in the list I do the send_ncpaint/send_erase processing?
>> >
>> > Without removing the update region there's no way to step further in the
>> > list, if I understand the problem correctly?
>>
>> Yes, but that's what needs to be fixed, we need to make progress even
>> if the update region is not validated. We will then get a WM_PAINT in
>> the main message loop, which I believe is what we want.
>
> Try something like this:
[snip patch]

Thanks for that!  I just thought I'd mention that this also fixes problems
with Transport Tycoon Deluxe, another game that had a blank window and put
wine in an infinite loop since the changes from 2004-12-07.  With this
patch it works again, so it'd be great if this could make it into CVS soon.

Thanks again!

--
   Josef Drexler                 |       http://jdrexler.com/home/