Google "Summer of Code"

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue May 31 22:07:44 CDT 2005

Scott Ritchie wrote:
> After talking in the chatroom setup by Google, here's what I was able to
> glean:
>
> 1) We don't need to form a formal "mentoring organization" as Google
> calls it right now, since someone from Google (by the name of "Dan") has
> volunteered to process the Wine applications.  That's how we got listed
> on the projects page.  I have no idea if he is an actual Wine developer,
> was at WineConf, or what, but either way he's our "mentoring
> organization" for the moment

Dan has asked us, the Wine Project, to help him come up with a list
of good projects.  I'm responding to his request for help.

I don't think we need a 501(c) organization to do this; I think
Dimi can do it all <grin>.  Seriously, I think we have plenty
of volunteers to give Dan the idea set he needs, and we have
a very nice criteria for completion - a commit by Alexandre.

Dimi, my issue is that I don't think we want to set the bar
too low.  I don't think an easy integration project is
appropriate.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I at least think it would
be cool if these led to some very meaningful and truly
useful improvements to Wine, and perhaps to a new talented
student getting hooked on Wine.

Cheers,

Jeremy