Google "Summer of Code"

Mike McCormack mike at
Tue May 31 23:02:11 CDT 2005

Dimi Paun wrote:

> And yes, I agree the bar shouldn't be too low. But on the integration
> page we have a number of cool, fun, not-all-that-easy projects that
> would be very good for wine to have:
>   *

I doubt that a newbie could do that to anybody's satisfaction.

>   *
>   *
>   *
>   *
>   *
> Also, we can add stuff like:
>   * jscript.dll reimplementation using the Mozilla JScript

How about implementing hhctrl.ocx and hh.exe?  That would give us code
that exercises the IE6 embedding features of shdocvw, and the basis of
code for a propper browser...

Or else, complete the integration with Gnome, so that we have a Gnome
VFS library that can recreate the Windows menu heirachy, without having
to resort to the wineshelllink hack.