version<unspecified>

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Tue Nov 1 17:58:01 CST 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:36:27 +0100, Paul Vriens <paul.vriens at xs4all.nl>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> don't have time (yet) to do stuff in Wine, but have a look at
>>> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2005-September/020423.html
>>>
>>> this shows you how to add version stuff to a dll.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> Thanks for the info.
>>
>> I was not really wanting to get into recoding the wine dlls, I'm not
>> sure
>> I'm upto it and I would not have the inside knowlege to know what
>> version
>> would best represent each dll.
>>

> Hi,
>
> could you send me a +ver,+loaddll,+module trace of both versions. I will
> have a look (if time permits). I hope I can see enough from the logs as
> I'm a but reluctant to go back to (or install somewhere else) the
> 20050524
> version.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.

OK appologies, some misinformation on my part , I will have to look again.
I have just realised that what caused <unspecified> to come back was that
an earlier setup using sidenet has * native,builtin ; when I swapped to
0.9 which winecfg driven all my nice settings in .wine/config are ignored
and I'm back to a default wine.

I'll have to go through it again and try to remove the *n,b .

Is there an easy way to recompile a dll on its own after editting
VERSIONINFO as you suggested or is it simpler hit it with a sledgehammer
and rebuild wine entirely.

TIA