New eject command issue

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Nov 3 04:31:19 CST 2005

Christian Costa <titan.costa at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> I will hack FILE_GetDeviceInfo just to make it recognize my cdrom as removable
> and try to see if it helps.
>
> However, I don't understand well why forcing the drive as cdrom (instead of relying
> on autodetection) is not taken into account. This could be also usefull for ISO images.
> Unless this option is planned to be removed !?!

We can't do that because all we have is a file handle, and there's no
way to know which drive it was opened from. Besides, you don't really
want that anyway, whether you open d:\foo or z:\mnt\cdrom\foo doesn't
change the fact that foo is on a removable device. So we really need
to make autodetection work properly (it does work fine for ISO images
BTW).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org