Fwd: wingcc link problem

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Thu Nov 3 18:17:29 CST 2005

Le jeu 03/11/2005 à 18:46, Vitaly Lipatov a écrit :
> On Friday 04 November 2005 02:21, Vincent Béron wrote:
> > winegcc hasn't been updated to know about winecrt0, and pass
> > it implicitely to gcc via -lwinecrt0.
> Really I just had not libwinecrt0.a installed in system.
> Now it compile without -lwinecrt0.

Looks like our messages crossed :)

> > Not sure yet why it does work for building programs/...

It does because the make process gives explicit paths for all dlls
linked in.

> > I'l send a patch soon for this problem.
> I don't know if some problem still there :)

At first I thought there was one because I could reproduce it in a build
tree, but it was because I didn't give winegcc/winebuild the proper
paths for finding libwinecrt0.a (-L.../dlls).

Do you know why you didn't have libwinecrt0.a installed?

Vincent