WineProbe part II; Propaganda for Wine

David Gümbel david.guembel at gmx.de
Fri Nov 4 07:34:33 CST 2005

Hello everybody,

as most of you probably remember, my company (ITOMIG) launched an initiative
called WineProbe (=~ "WineTasting" in English) some time ago. As part of
this initiative, we're arranging an informational event next week on
thursday afternoon in Stuttgart. We'll present Wine and its capabilities
for migrating and porting applications to Unix. Details are available
online (in German) [1].

The target audience are software vendors who would like to create a Linux or
cross-platform version of their Windows-based products. However, anyone
interested is cordially invited to come, listen and discuss, and have a
glass of good wine afterwards ;) The event is free, you just need to send
us a small application form avaliable online on [1].

Aside from that, I wrote an article titled "Grenzen
überschreiten" ("Crossing Borders") about Wine and its use in the city of
Böblingen in a project we're running together with Böblingen and Tübingen
University. It was published in print this week in the magazine Kommune21
[2]. Kommune21 is a magazine about the use of information technology in
municipalities (german: "Kommunen"). About 11 000 copies are printed every
month, and I'd say the CIO of pretty much every major german city has a
subscription.

They do not normally have a free online version of their contents available.
However, they provided me with a PDF of the article, which we're allowed to
put online on our web site. I think this is very nice advertisement for
Wine, in particular because of the very specific audience of that
publication. Anyone interested can find the article available online at
[3].

Bye,

David

[1] http://www.itomig.de/Initiative_Wine-Probe.26.0.html