Segmentation Fault in wine cvs after 0.9

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Mon Nov 7 03:25:17 CST 2005

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 05:29:02AM +0100, zhilla wrote:

> before submitting this as bug, some advice please...
> on slackware 10.2 (gcc 3.3.6) i compile wine cvs, and it has worked so
> far. last version working is around or exactly 0.9.
> now, it compiles/installs fine, but any program, including starting just
> "wine", "notepad" or anything else, ends up quickly with "Segmentation
> fault".
> this is my simple custom buildscript...

i can confirm this. i use -mtune=athlon-tbird but somewhere after
between 20050930 and CVS-current this "error" slipped into wine. i can
not easily test against the patch, that did this to wine. so far the
funny thing i came around:
WINEDEBUG=+all wine
and everything works.

i tried gdb wine-pthread. and it seems to crash somewhere in the locale
detection - but the stack is smashed there allready. i will try the
"trick" with the non-athlon cflags also on my end and report back.

oh well and btw: gcc 4.0.2.pre (or so) is my compiler.

--
cu