RESEND [wininet]add implementation of few more options

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 23:11:19 CST 2005

On 11/9/05, Vijay Kiran Kamuju <infyquest at gmail.com> wrote:

> In your third suggestion, you asked me not to set to 0, if set to
> 0xdeadbeef, that means i have to check for 0xdeadbeef. :(. when does
> API set its error to 0, what might be the cases generally.

You have to set the last error to a crazy value like 0xdeadbeef,
because if you set the last error to something like 0, which is a
possible error, there's always the possibility that wine will regress
or a new version of the windows api might return 0 and you would never
know.  That's why you have to set the last error to a value that can't
possibly be a result of GetLastError so you always know when the value
changes and when it doesn't.

> In your Last suggestion if i initialize the length variable in the
> tests, the native simply gives garbage, thats inorder to make the test
> pass.

Sounds like you need to add more tests then so you can understand the
behavior of the function better.  For what values of the length
variable does native give garbage?  I can't imagine an api that only
works when one of the parameters is uninitialized.

--
James Hawkins