Wine API Documentation

n0dalus n0dalus+wine at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 03:47:55 CST 2005

On 11/9/05, wino at piments.com <wino at piments.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 00:38:19 +0100, Robert Shearman <rob at codeweavers.com>
> wrote:
>
> >  We don't really want the WineHQ web server to be running at 100% CPU
> > for ~20 minutes while it builds the API documentation.
>
> couldn't it just be niced down to a low priority ? Even if it took a day
> to compile.

I don't think it would be hard to write a script to compile it
depending on what's been modified. Then it shouldn't take more than a
few seconds to generate html for one or two changed files. It could
either do it dynamically, or once a day or something. The system could
be built into a nice interface with several features.
I would propose things such as:
- Keyword database for searches. We could even have an xmlrpc script
to complete people's searches as they type them (like Google suggest).
- Either an editable content area on each page (wiki-style) or user
comment posting
- Ability to put a function under one or more categories, and the
ability to have categories inside other categories.
- List functions by file / directory.

I have done a lot of php programming, I might be able to help make
such a system. Is there much interest in something like this?

n0dalus.