XEmbed Systray Support

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Wed Nov 9 18:05:23 CST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 15:26 +0530, Vijay Kiran Kamuju wrote:
> I have tested googletalk with the patch of yours, i am attaching the
> screenshot of it.
> whenever i ve closed an googletalk instance its present on the screen
> (in the picture i have labelled it as zombie), in ps -ef its not
> killing the wine-pthread process. even if i kill that process
> manually, i see some artifacts of it left on the screen see to top
> most marking.
Yeah I get that with Steam and Hotsync as well, in addition to a test
program that I slapped together. This sort of behavior only shows itself
in GNOME, not in other XEmbed compliant desktops i tested. (I tried XFce
and IceWM, in those environments the patches don't show this behavior)
It's been suggested that this is some sort of bug in GNOME's
implementation of the spec, and I have to agree. So I don't think
there's much I can do on the Wine side of this. But I'm not sure about
zombie processes though. I'll take a look at that. Thanks for the
feedback.

James