tabs to throw off from an indentation

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Thu Nov 10 10:41:42 CST 2005

* On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Dimi Paun wrote:
> * From: "Saulius Krasuckas" <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt>
> >
> > No I won't, because then a diff in my editor looks wrong.
>
> This is a bit confusing at first because diff inserts a char
> at the beginning of the line.

Of course I understand this.  I just don't like "elastic" tabs. :-/
Can they be made "solid" in vim easily?

> Don't worry about it, the source will look right after applying it.
> You will get used to it soon enough :)

Hm, I didn't get during one year and I doubt I will.  That's just my brain
lacking, lets say, processing bandwidth for one additional and temporary
filtering task.  Because of this I get unaesthetic feeling and just lose
my interest in checking the patch or even writing more code.  :-|