OSDL's Desktop Linux architects meeting

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu Nov 10 15:38:35 CST 2005

Robert Williamson wrote:
> On December 1-2, OSDL is hosting a meeting for the desktop architects from
> the various Linux desktop organizations to help decide on ways to improve
> and promote Linux on the Desktop. An electronic copy of the invitation can
> be found at the following URL. This contains a full agenda, preparation
> info, and logistical info.
>

> http://groups.osdl.org/apps/group_public/download.php/1522/osdl_invite_L2_P7.pdf

I have made travel arrangements and will be there on December 1 and 2.

If anyone else from the Wine project wanted to join me
(c'mon Dan, you know you want to <grin>), that'd be fun.

I know that I personally have concerns with:

  1.  Seeing Freedesktop standards get adopted

  2.  The OpenGL extension we need
      (I forget the details, but afair, Lionel
      has a nice proposal somewhere).

  3.  Issues to keep glibc and kernel changes
      from breaking Wine, as they oh so often do.

If folks were to chime in on this thread with
further issues that I should bring up on Wine's behalf,
that would be great.

Cheers,

Jeremy