Question about ~/.wine/dosdevices/

Peter Berg Larsen pebl at math.ku.dk
Sun Nov 13 07:47:02 CST 2005

I am missing the idear behind how devices are suppose to work.

>From the wiki it seems that the dosdevices/c: is use when installing a
program under wine. But how are dosdevices/c: related to my /mnt/windows?
Are files first looked up in dosdevices/c: and the in /mnt/windows/ if
not found?

The reason I ask is that icewind dale on /mnt/windows/ does a
FindFirstFileA("C:/program...") which wine translates to dosdevice/c: and
ofcause does not find anything. Am I suppose to make a link to where the
program is installed, as if I had installed it with wine?

Peter