Measuring Wine's API completeness

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Nov 13 14:31:08 CST 2005

Hi Alexandre,

On Sunday 13 November 2005 20:31, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> If you want to measure the quality of the implementation a much better
> way IMO is to measure regression test coverage. This may also motivate
> people to write more tests, which would do a lot more good than
> spending time adding magic comments all over the source.

That's a great idea (though it's measuring a different kind of quality than
the one I was thinking of). If I understand correctly, this would mean
building all of wine with 'make CFLAGS="-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage"' (as
documented by Aaron Arvey), running wine-test and then have some script
recurse into the dll directories and analyse and build summary information
out of the '*.c.gcov' files?

Bye,
--
Michael Jung