Measuring Wine's API completeness

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Sun Nov 13 18:29:30 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 13:31 -0600, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> It's a rough estimate, but it has the advantage of not requiring code
> changes. Adding special comments all over the place is going to be a
> lot of work, maintaining them properly will be even more work (and
> most likely won't happen on most functions), and despite all that
> extra work the final stats will be just about as meaningless.

With one exception: knowing that something is complete as far as
documentation allows us to know is rather important. This is a
fairly immutable point in the development of a function, and having
reliable information about that is golden. Otherwise, one spends
a lot of time just figuring out if something is supposed to work
but doesn't, or it's simply an unimplemented aspect that need love.

So yeah, we don't need to add "STUBBED" or "INCOMPLETE" all over
the place. But as people working with that code know (by the nature
of their work) that something is DONE, we should mark it as such.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.