Question about ~/.wine/dosdevices/

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sun Nov 13 18:32:22 CST 2005

Sunday, November 13, 2005, 4:10:55 PM, Peter Berg Larsen wrote:

> The reason I ask is that icewind dale on /mnt/windows/ does a
> FindFirstFileA("C:/program...") which wine translates to dosdevice/c: and
> ofcause does not find anything. Am I suppose to make a link to where the
> program is installed, as if I had installed it with wine?
Can you run a program that you installed on wine in windows?

You program looking for "c:\Program Files\". That means "Program Files"
directory on drive c: For wine (in default configuration) c: drive means
~/.wine/drive_c. Or more precisely where ~/.wine/dosdevices/c: points to.

> with; wine does not support running a program installed under
> /mnt/windows/ I would only had to ask once.
Of corse it does. If you can make program look for it's files somewhere else.
Because that's what you are doing.

And like I've mentioned before, please, don't run programs directly from your
windows drive. That won't make it any better. But that might brake your windows.

Vitaliy