New ati driver problems

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Nov 14 03:34:10 CST 2005

Hello,
> wined3d (and older d3d8 code) don't use, for now, fbo and vbo.
> we only check if it's supported (while parsing extensions list).
>
> Seems anothers ATI bugs and i can't help because i only have NVidia cards
> :) (you should wait oliver to fix/bypass it)
Now I think that it's really a new fglrx bug, as some linux games are affected
too: Nexuiz and PPracer(in rare rendering situations). Some people reported
problems with Unreal tournament and Quake The symptoms are transparent
textures. In case of Battlefied 1942, the white color comes from the
background color.

I'll make a bug report to ATI and hope that they fix the driver.