A small bounty for fixing a bug

Willie Sippel willie at zeitgeistmedia.net
Mon Nov 14 14:16:20 CST 2005

Some more info:
I tried to 'break' x11drv to always return 32 for GetDeviceCaps(BITSPIXEL),
which breaks Mirage in an interesting way. It now draws the splash/ startup
menu background correcty (dark gray, instead of the broken dark blue it
usually shows), as well as the small video clip at the top of that menu (that
one always gets drawn correctly), but all other widgets (text, buttons) are
missing.
So, the drawing seems to be correct until the video clip shows up, and then
something messes up everything but the clip. Aura uses basically the same
startup menu, including the video, but gets drawn correctly. A demo of Aura
is available at ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/Aura/Patches/AVP25_installer.exe -
if someone needs to check for differences.

BTW, I would be very thankful if someone could tell me if he looked (or
intends to look) into the issue, and could tell his findings.

Thanks,
Willie

--
Willie Sippel