AlphaBlend crashing msn messenger

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at
Wed Nov 16 11:20:25 CST 2005

Fix AlphaBlend() to extract the right part of the source DIB.

After some regression testing, It looks like this patch is the one
that breaks signing into msn messenger. I m not sure why, so Im
interested in finding out why it happens. I tried it with MSN
Messenger 6.2.0208, everything works ok until I try to sign in, then
it crashes with an error message like this:

trace:bitblt:GdiAlphaBlend 0x3b80 0,0 485x422 -> 0xa480 0,0 83x62
op=00 flags=00 srcconstalpha=ff alphafmt=01
err:syslevel:_CheckNotSysLevel Holding lock 0x404f0340 level 3
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...

Without your patch, MSN signs in properly.