Using Windows .DLLs in Linux C++ code - possible?

Jim Morash jmorash at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 13:12:04 CST 2005

Is it possible, via Wine, to link against a Windows DLL in a C++
program compiled under Linux? My specific situation: I would like to
interface a piece of hardware over a serial port. The manufacturer
refuses to provide a serial comms specification for the device "because
it's proprietary", but they will happily provide a Windows DLL that can
be used to control the device. Any chance of using it under Linux?
 thanks

--Jim Morash