What would most aid WINE development?

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Sat Nov 19 02:44:56 CST 2005

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:11:30 +0100, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:

>  Most of the time, the code itself is the best documentation, and it'd
> take a government with steel balls to force Microsoft to open source
> Windows. That'd almost guarantee its bankruptcy.

I thought the current crew were supposed to be big on "cojones". We can
take on international terrorism, overtly invade two countries, go against
the UN, tear up the Geniva convention, torture prisoners but can not
enforce commercial law in at home...?

[No political flames please] just putting the steel-balls arguement in
context. I think its more likely that M$ is a source of major foreign
revenue (and just maybe political funding) and they dont want to spoil the
party.

Anyway , any speculation on all that could be a ML in its own right and
not very productive here.

BTW. I thought at one stage they were offering source code before the
judge refused it and was later thrown off the case for being "anti-M$". I
may be mistaken but I had that from a freind who is a pretty reliable
source of information.

regards.