[advpack/setupapi] LaunchINFSection

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Sun Nov 20 20:38:55 CST 2005

Raphael wrote:

>>>+      if (!bTest) return E_FAIL;
>>Don't use E_FAIL. Try to return a proper error code, preferably using
>>what native returns in this circumstance by adding a test case.
>Native function returns E_FAIL

Maybe you are being naïve in believing MSDN or maybe MSDN is correct,
but I'm basing this opinion on other tests for advpack that are
returning values like HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND). The best
way to prove it either way is to write a test case that exercises this
code path. Where this is not possible then you should return as
appropriate an error message as possible and this will typically not be

Rob Shearman