PATCH: dlls/winsock/socket.h portability fix

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Mon Nov 21 16:05:30 CST 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> I did some archeology, and for earlier versions of FreeBSD the definition
>> in netdb.h indeed was used, and in fact the reference to EAI_NODATA under
>> /usr/include.
> If it's being obsoleted then we should probably just #ifdef it out.

On recent GNU/Linux systems like SUSE Linux 10.0 we still have it,
so I didn't want to change the behavior there:

  % grep EAI_NODATA -r /usr/include/
  /usr/include/netdb.h:# define EAI_NODATA          -5    /* No address associated with NAME.  */

I don't feel strongly either way, if you prefer yanking EAI_NODATA
from Wine, I won't mind, but it seems to be still used there, so the
conservative change I proposed to unbreak FreeBSD may be preferrable.

Marcus, what's your opinion as the original author of the code in
question?

Gerald