GetOpenFileNameA has trouble with UTF-8 locale and UTF-8 encoded pathname

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Nov 22 02:35:02 CST 2005

Hi,

On Monday 21 November 2005 18:38, Alex Villací­s Lasso wrote:
> I was rather hoping for an explanation of which is the "correct"
> behavior for an UTF-8 locale:

Sorry. I guess I'm not that competent when it comes to character encoding
stuff. But then, Alexandre and Troy already answered your question already
anyway.

On Monday 21 November 2005 20:54, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Asian locales will use one of the double-byte codepages.

Are you saying that on an asian system CP_ACP is actually a double byte
encoding? Is anybody on the list using an asian locale on her system? Does it
break the unixfs extension?

Alex, could you please try if the attached patch fixes the problem?

Bye,
--
Michael Jung
mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de