Implement directory object in wineserver.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Wed Nov 23 11:34:05 CST 2005

Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at> writes:

> Basically event, mutex, section, timer, etc can go there with minor
> changes to code. Named pipes, mail slots and winstations with desktops
> are a bit different. They have their own name space, that I'm planning on
> using current namespace mechanism for. With the sample code I've sent to
> you some days ago to show how that would work with named pipes.
> find_object_dir worked perfectly on named pipes. The problem is object
> creation. Actually not a creation itself, but insertion into the local
> name space. I need to call different functions to insert an object into
> directory or local name space (struct namespace). To do that I will need
> to know what object type are we creating and what object type is the
> parent.

Sorry, but that's wrong. You should *never* check the object type
explicitly. You need a generic function to insert an object into a
directory, and a generic directory type that can implement the various
types of directories.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at