WINED3DFMT_R5G6B5 - is it RGB or BGR

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Nov 24 03:14:51 CST 2005

Hello,
While trying to get Moto Racer 2 running(old D3D1 game), I came across a
problem with WINED3DFMT_R5G6B5. The game requests a 16 Bit surface, in RGB
order. I translate this to WINED3DFMT_R5G6B5.

In some places, this format is translated to an RGB format, like in
utils.c::D3DFmt2GLIntFmt, in an other function it is translated to a BRG
format( utils.c::D3DFmt2GLFmt). The BRG format causes a failure in
glReadPixels with the radeon driver(and broken textures) and swapped blue and
red colors with fglrx.
I modified D3DFmt2GLFmt to return RGB, and now everything works.

Is WINED3DFMT_R5G6B5 supposed to be RGB or BRG?

Thanks,
Stefan