Allow to display all builtin Wine video codecsinICCompressorChoose

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sat Nov 26 02:29:13 CST 2005

"Andreas Mohr" <andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> wrote:

> > I don't see how a FIXME could improve Windows drivers behaviour to return
> > arbitrary values in the dwVersion field. IMHO it's much better to use
> > a definitive and reasonable one, and ICVERSION qualifies for that.
> "Definitive" yes, "reasonable" simply NO.
> (it is not customary to abuse ICVERSION for that, so one shouldn't
> do it; just doing Google "dwVersion ICVERSION" will make it obvious)

I can't call your position constructive: I've clearly showed that windows
codecs return garbage in the dwVersion field, and the only meaningful value
(returned by msrle32) is 0x0104 (ICVERSION). So, I decided to replicate that
behaviour. Instead of suggesting something useful you simply insist that
my solution is wrong. Please either give a usable advice or stop bitching
around.

--
Dmitry.