ADVPACK/tests: exit after 0x8007007e

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 14:40:02 CST 2005

On 11/24/05, Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> wrote:

> > > advpack.dll is not present on NT 3.51 sp5
> > > Will try with IE5 this evening.
> >
> > Ok then the patch is good, and it has been committed.
>
> I don't think this is the reason for my patch to be good.  It is still
> very interesting to know exactly why NT351 fails.

If advpack.dll does not come with NT 3.51 out of the box, then your
change is correct, because the error is reporting that the module does
not exist (which is the case.)

> BTW, how do you all folks think -- is it reliable approach to test WinAPI
> inside a machine emulator, like a QEmu?  I'd say it shoot exactly 100% of
> original OS functioning.  I saw some non-failing results once from Detlef
> qemulated box while on other boxes tests were failing.

I've always thought it would be very convenient, albeit expensive, to
have a test farm set up to run the tests inside vmware/qemu/etc for as
many versions of windows as possible and wine at least once a day.  An
alert could be sent to wine-devel whenever any of the tests change
state i.e. the test fails now when it passed before or vice versa.

--
James Hawkins