D3DX9 SDK releases, DLL support (CIV4)

Andrei Barbu teval0 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 14:18:57 CST 2005

Hi,

I've been playing with getting CIV4 to run on wine.
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=3632&iTestingId=125

I'm left with just one issue.

D3DX9_26.DLL is missing. This is a D3D9 SDK release (they put one out every
month or so from what I've seen, with a new DLL that has the number
incremented). It's mostly like the original with some minor changes.

How would I support this in wine? I don't know the wine build system enough
to extend it to do this.
Is there a nice way to generate these DLLs and to include the d3dx9 dll so I
just have to add in/fix missing calls?

This may not be an issue now, but as more and more games get released more
will depend on these dlls.

Thanks,
Andrei