DirectX 8 wrapper update

Raphael fenix at club-internet.fr
Sun Nov 27 19:37:04 CST 2005

Hi,

On Sunday 27 November 2005 06:13, H. Verbeet wrote:
> On 26/11/05, H. Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are StateBlocks supposed to be nestable?
> > I don't think they currently are on Wine, but my debug output appears
> > to suggest they should be:
>
> Actually, nevermind that comment. They're not.
> However, BeginStateBlock should return D3DERR_INVALIDCALL when called
> twice in a row.

You are right this is a regression from d3d8 base code :)

> Executing the above sequence on Windows gives:
> BeginStateBlock returned: 00000000
> BeginStateBlock returned: 8876086C
> EndStateBlock returned: 00000000
> BeginStateBlock returned: 00000000
> EndStateBlock returned: 00000000
> EndStateBlock returned: 8876086C
>
> After that, the demo dies on an AddRef in
> IWineD3DPixelShaderImpl_GetParent. Replacing *parent= (IUnknown*) parent;
> with *parent = This->parent; seems to be enough to get it going again.

Another good catch.
Current wined3d code is oubviously bugged

Can you send you patch to wine-patches ?

Thx

> Right now, the demo dies somewhere in
> IWineD3DPixelShaderImpl_SetFunction. At first sight, I'd say it never
> detects the end of its input and just keeps on reading untill it
> generates an access violation.

Strange,
PS Functions should be terminated by NULL token (see D3DPS_END())
can you send a WINEDEBUG="+d3d_shader" log ?

Regards,
Raphael